Sims is Merideth and I’s guilty pleasure. Lobster thermidor is the top difficulty recipe in the game, and I was a little worried I didn’t have the “cooking skill.” Turns out, I was just playing the game too much- in real life, this was quick and delicious! The lobster had a great texture and taste – more savory (and less fishy) than lobster on its own. Yum! I made this for myself, but it would definitely make a good date night dish.
- 2 lobster tails
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbs flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or gruyere cheese
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 Italian bread crumbs
- 2tbs fresh parsley, chopped, or 1tbs dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Steam the lobster tails over several inches of boiling water (I use a collander as a steam basket). Cover and steam until fully cooked, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove meat from lobster tails (it will be hot! allow to cool as necessary) and chop.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add garlic and shallots.
- Add chopped lobster meat and paprika and stir until coated and warmed through. Set aside.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Add milk, cheese, and lemon juice and heat.
- Mix with lobster meat and add back into lobster shells. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until heated. Enjoy!
Wine Pairings: I used chardonnay for this recipe, which then made a great pairing with the lobster. For a less rich wine to pair with the buttery lobster, try a Marsanne.