Merideth and I’s schedules got a little crazy in the month of October, so instead of our usual Saturday night Skype date, we made quick weeknight dinners! Nothing better for some comfort food than chicken nuggets and some cut up veggies. This easy and versatile chicken nugget recipe came in handy for a breakfast biscuit (more on that soon!)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Canola oil for frying
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Set aside a plate covered in a few layers of paper towels to absorb oil after frying.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size chunks.
- Set ingredients into three bowls, left to right: flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- Dredge chicken nuggets first in flour, then egg mixture, and then bread crumbs until thoroughly covered. Set aside.
- Using tongs, place nuggets into hot oil and heat for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Note: the oil will lose heat, so wait for oil to reheat in between batches and keep a close eye on the frying process.
- Place nuggets on paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil. Enjoy!