Long training runs for our next half marathon has left me so hungry at the end of the day- and feeling like I’ve earned a treat (not that I ever need an excuse)! I bought some brandy a month or two ago for a braised chicken recipe, and have been looking around for more uses. Add a craving for some homemade ice cream, and I came up with a boozy, creamy milkshake! I chose to use a vanilla custard base for a richer flavor, but traditional ice cream will work too!
Other cocktail combos I’m thinking of trying:
- Pumpkin spice liqueur and cinnamon whiskey
- Creme de menthe and white creme de cacao (a grasshopper)
- Bailey’s and creme de cacao
- Horchata liqueur and cinnamon whiskey
Any other favorite drinks that might benefit from some added ice cream?
- 1 pint ice cream or custard
- 1/2 cup milk (or to taste)
- 1 shot (1-1.5 oz, to taste) of brandy or cognac
- 1 shot (1-1.5 oz, to taste) of creme de cacao
- Chocolate syrup, sprinkles or cacao nibs for serving (optional)
- Blend ingredients in blender, adding milk last to desired consistency.
- Enjoy (responsibly)!