Popcorn is such a wonderful snack. I have always said that even if I am completely full from a large meal, I still can’t resist a handful of popcorn if that buttery scent wafts my way. When Amanda and I have the rare chance to actually see one another in person, we usually like to have a lazy night in front of the television while having some long conversations solving the world’s problems and catching up on each other’s lives. It just so happens that this is also my favorite time to mindlessly munch on something savory. Amanda and I both have a love of chocolate and s’mores as well and so we knew we wanted to dress up popcorn in some way and s’mores are always a favorite.
To make this yummy popcorn treat, you’ll need:
6 cups popped popcorn, I prefer salted and buttered if not making it from a microwavable bag
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
4 graham crackers
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (very important as we learned).
- Spread out the popcorn on the baking sheet and try to remove any uncooked kernels if possible.
- Crush the graham crackers into small pieces. I prefer to stick them in a zip top bag and pound with a mallet or crush with my hands.
- In a micowaveable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 10-20 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over the popcorn, and try to avoid large globs. As you can see from our photo though, it’s not always possible.
- Then, while chocolate is still liquefied, sprinkle the graham crackers and marshmallows over the popcorn.
- Try to resist chowing down, and allow chocolate to harden. You could stick the pan in the fridge for fifteen minutes, and that usually does the trick.
- To serve, you can eat straight off the baking sheet or break into smaller clumps and munch from a bowl. Enjoy!